Auto Accident Injury in Boonton Township, NJ
With over 33 years in practice, Boonton Township chiropractor Dr. Paul M. Lewandowski has seen it all when it comes to auto accidents. He knows even minor incidents can lead to pain and dysfunction. If you or a loved one sustains an auto accident injury, we encourage you to discover how we can help you heal.
Common Auto Accident Injuries and Related Signs & Symptoms
Following your accident, you may notice stiffness, tenderness, and pain in your back. You may have numbness and tingling in an arm or leg if nerves were overstretched or compressed. Even headaches, jaw pain, ringing in the ears, and insomnia are common.
These symptoms may show up right away or they may manifest and worsen over days and weeks. This is largely due to the fact that pain-masking hormones like adrenaline surge during trauma, and can remain elevated for a long period of time.
Specific injuries we see among our auto accident injury patients include:
- Whiplash (a neck pain syndrome)
- Sciatica (impingement of the sciatic nerve, often by a herniated or bulging disc)
- Joint dislocations and misalignments
- Bone fractures
- "Dashboard knee" (ligament and soft tissue damage due to the kee crashing into the dashboard)
- Muscle strains and tears, especially in the shoulders and spine
Importance of Visiting a Chiropractor After An Auto Accident
Recall that there is often a delay in symptoms following an auto accident because pain-masking hormones surge. But just because there are no symptoms for a while doesn't necessarily mean there's no injury—and if left untreated for too long, a small injury can devolve into a larger and more complicated problem! This is why we encourage anyone who's been in an auto accident to see our chiropractor in Boonton Township ASAP. Dr. Lewandowksi can examine your whole body and administer tests to identify signs of inflammation and tissue damage, then initiate a drug-free plan of care right away to better control your symptoms.
Common services provided at our chiropractic clinic include:
- Chiropractic adjustments to realign joints and normalize nervous system function to control pain
- Non-invasive modalities like diathermy and interferential electrical stimulation to reduce pain and spasms
- Corrective exercises to promote decreased swelling and inflammation (in acute phases of recovery) and increased motor function and mobility (in later phases)
Were You Involved in a Car Crash? Seek Comprehensive Care at Lewandowski Chiropractic
Car accidents of all sizes can lead to stress and injury in the body. Contact Lewandowski Chiropractic today at (973) 402-1331 to schedule your initial consultation and rev up your healing naturally.